Sunday 21 March 2010

Tap dancing with seaside rock

I have been getting to grips with felting, inspiration came from Liz at the Futurity. I first tried a pebble bag using some jacob sheep wool. The bag worked fine but the bit of chiffon used to keep the pebbles in place kept floating away so I gave up on that and just made a plain bucket bag. I don't have a photo as it was a pressie for my friend the jacob sheep owner and she arrived before I could get the camera out.

Next I thought to try the lacey merino scarf, it ended up looking like a stick of seaside rock and was too short to wear! (felting tends to shrink stuff).



Time for a longer piece of merino in violet and using black fibre from Moira to fasion a scarf for my son's girlfriend, this was more successful as I used bubble wrap on the top as well as the bottom of the scarf. This seemed to keep the fibre in place during the felting process. ( see the way technical terms are already creeping into my vocab.)

2 comments:

  1. Very clever...great photography too...who polishes the taps in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath's so new we haven't even used it yet, drains not connected until next Wed. Haven't had a bath in this house for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete